Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves
Some of these sheep are being led right into a slaughter – all because their parents and their churches did not give them the basic and fundamental knowledge from God’s Word.
Be Wise as Serpents – Harmless as Doves
He says that we are to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves because He is sending us out as sheeps and lambs in the midst of wolves. The third verse comes from 1 Peter where it says that we are to be sober and vigilant because our adversary, the devil, walks about this earth seeking who he is going to try and devour next.
we have all been born into a cursed and fallen world as a result of what happened with Adam and Eve, and we are all stuck with having to deal with the reality of a demonic spirits, and other people who are living this life in the flesh.
1. “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.” (Matthew 10:16)
“Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves.” (Luke 10:3)
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” (1 Peter 5:8)
Beware of Dogs and Evil Workers
These people are the ones who are selling drugs to your kids in school, trying to work themselves into your families so they can gain your trust to try and set things up where they can molest your kids.
Many of the pedophiles are masters at manipulation and deception and gaining the trust of you and your child so they can set things up to do their thing. If more parents would have been more alert, more vigilant, leadings of the Holy Spirit – many of these pedophiles could have been stopped before they can destroy the child.
Until Jesus comes back, we are all going to have to keep our radars up and watch out for these types of people – not only for ourselves, but also for our friends and other family members.
“Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!” (Philippians 3:2)
“Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of God.” (2 Corinthians 6:14)
“For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of the light … And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.” (Ephesians 5:8)
“The righteous should chose his friends carefully, for the way of the wicked leads them astray.” (Proverbs 12:26)
We must be aware of unbelievers of this world.
We should choose our friends very carefully in this life – and that if we do not, and we get hooked up with the wrong type of people – that these wicked people can then lead us astray from our God, from our family, and from our real friends in this life.
In the bible it reads
1. “Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines.” (Hebrews 13:9)
2. “If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.” (2 John 1:10)
3. “Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons.” (1 Timothy 4:1)
4. “For false christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to deceive, if possible, even the elect.” (Matthew 24:24)
5. “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits.” (Matthew 7:15)
6. “Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.” (Colossians 2:8)
7. “Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them.” (Ephesians 5:6)
We are not to be partakers with these kinds of people, and that we are not to even let them step foot into our houses.
This is not to say that we cannot witness to them to try and get them saved as the Holy Spirit will lead – but we still have to stay on our side of the fence until we can get them saved and delivered. from the bondage they have been in all of this time. You can witness to someone who may be living in a false cult, but that does not mean you have to be going to their meetings, to their churches, or to the actual organizations they may belong to.
The verse from 1 Timothy 4:1 that it says that the Holy Spirit is giving us warning that in the latter days there will be some Christians who will be falling into some of these false doctrines and beliefs, and that they will literally be falling away from their faith in the Lord Himself. The verse from Matthew 24:24 says that the signs and wonders coming in from some of these false prophets and false christs will be so good, that even some of the elect are going to be fooled and duped.
All of this is enemy territory – and any believer who starts to follow after any of these other false doctrines and belief systems will not only be opening up the door to demonic activity to start coming into their lives – but they will also incur the wrath of God.The very last verse says that the “sons of disobedience” will have the wrath of God come upon them if they ever start to partake in any of these kinds of activities.