Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"My Daily Walk With God"


THE ROLE OF THE BIBLE IN PRAYER

The purpose of this page is to awaken your desire to pray and to make prayer a very important part of your life. We have always taught that Bible reading and prayer go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly. I know that I should read my Bible, and I know that I should pray, but the connection between the two becomes a little hazy. John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. This verse shows how the two of them fit together and accomplish a great work as a team together.

In John 15:7, we have a great statement about prayer that somehow has been ignored because we have not used the right wording. We've been taught to read our Bibles and pray. So, generations of Christians have read the Bible, and they have gone to a prayer closet, never understanding that the two of them go together.

Abide means to remain in you. A man who read the Bible without much focus quickly forgets what he read. How do you read your Bible? Do you quickly forget what you have read? What remains in you is what abides in you. Only those Christians who have the word of God abiding in them have the right to say, "God, this is what I will," and God says, "if that is what your will, it shall be done."

It is not just how many words your eyeball saw; it is not how many verses you checked off in a course of reading. It is how many of those words do you submit? This is what God looks for when He wants to figure out if your prayers are worth answering.

JOHN 15:1-7

1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.



Partnering with God begins with obedience to God in the matters of prayer, consistent Bible reading, soul winning, and regular church attendance.

No comments:

Post a Comment