Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Daddy

Dear Daddy
When I'm a great big man like you,
I want to do just like you do;
I's going to go just where you go,
I want to know all that you know;
I's just a growing awful big,
And walking in the tracks you dig;
I think it won't be very long,
I's growin' fast, and getting strong,
And soon I'll go to town with you
And be your partner all day through;
I'm just a little, great big man,
A' getting' like you fast's I can.

To Any Daddy
There are little eyes upon you, and they're watching night and day;
There are little ears that quickly take in every word you say;
There are little hands all eager to do everything you do.
And a little boy who's dreaming of the day he'll be just like you.
You're the little fellow's idol, you're the wisest of the wise;
In his little mind, about you no suspicions ever rise.
He believes in you devoutly, holds that all you say and do,
He will say and do in your way when he's grown up like you.
This wide-eyed little fellow who believes you're always right.
And his ears are always open and he watches day and night.
You are setting an example every day in all you do,
For the little fellow who's waiting to grow up to be just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment